Foodies flocked to the second epic Foodie Fest Encinitas this past Saturday, May 21st for the unprecedented selection of gourmet North County restaurant and artisanal food tastes. Standouts were:
• Bistro West Marinated Ahi Cube with Seaweed Salad and Mango Tajín Sorbet
• Masters Kitchen and Cocktail Goat Birria: Goat leg braised in reposado tequila and chiles. Served with pickled cabbage and ranchero sauce in a corn gordita
• Wrench and Rodent Seared Albacore, Cyclops Farms Strawberry BBQ Sauce, Frilly mustard greens
• Local Tap House Deviled Eggs
• Living Tea Brewing Company Kombucha
Vendors in the lively Barefoot Bar included Mason Ale Works and Brothers Provisions who provided a delectable beer-cheese pairing.
Chef Gregory Kroll of Green Dragon Tavern & Museum was the victor of the super exciting, fierce “Best of the Fest” competition and walked away with a grand prize gift basket from Chef’s Toys.
Amy Burkman of Pulse! Art with Heart provided live painting demonstrations and world class musicians such as Jimmy and Enrique entertained the crowds.
Proceeds from the festival benefited the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Prestigious local companies that sponsored the event include FishBone Kitchen, Frazier Farms, Gourmet Culinary and Hamilton Meats and Provisions.